Try this classic cabbage rolls recipe. A cabbage casserole recipes with Cheddar cheese and bread crumb topping.
* 1 head cabbage -- chopped
* 2 medium onions -- chopped
* 3 cloves garlic -- minced
* cooking oil
* 1 stick butter -- (4 ounces)
* 6 slices bread -- soaked in milk
* 2 cups cream
* 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese -- grated
* salt and pepper -- to taste
* fine bread crumbs -- seasoned
Parboil chopped cabbage in salted water until just tender. Drain and set aside. Saute onions and
garlic in a little vegetable oil until onions are translucent but not browned. Add cabbage to onions and garlic. Add butter, moistened bread, cream, and cheese. Pour half of the mixture into a lightly buttered casserole. Top with half the seasoned crumbs. Pour the remaining mixture into the casserole; top with remaining seasoned crumbs. Bake at 350 degrees until browned, about 25 to 30 minutes. The cabbage rolls recipe of casserole are ready to serve...mmm...nice !