This is a mixture of beef, pork, rice, and seasonings wrapped in cabbage and baked with sauerkraut and tomato soup, topped with bacon.
- 32 oz. jar sauerkraut - drained
- 2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 1 med. onions - chopped
- 1 Tbls. vegetable oil
- 16 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 1/4 cups un-cooked white rice
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 Tbls. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp. garlic salt
- 2 heads cabbage - boiled whole until tender, cooled
- (2) 10.75 oz. cans condensed tomato soup - prepared as directed
- 1/2 lb. raw bacon
-Spread sauerkraut in the bottom of a 13" X 9" X 2" pan; set aside.
-In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, brown beef, pork, and onion in oil.
-Stir tomato sauce, rice, milk, Worcestershiresauce, and garlic powder into pan.
-Wrap 1/2 cup meat mixture in each leaf of cabbage and secure with toothpicks.
-Lay rolls on sauerkraut, pour tomato soup evenly over rolls, and lay strips of bacon over rolls.
-Bake, covered, in a 350 degree oven for 2 hours.
This great cabbage rolls recipe is ready to serve....nice !